CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Long live ASIN and Florante!

"Ako ay isang Pinoy " by Florante and "Ang Bayan kong Sinilangan" by Asin are my favorite OPM songs of the 70s! Man! the lyrics, the passion and the people behind the songs are enough for me to cry all of a sudden!

Asin and Florante of the 70s, how I wish I was born during their era and have met them! It is one of my biggest frustrations. If ever I will be given the chance to ride a time travel machine, I will go back to the 70s and look for them and join them as well; Hit some notes with Asin and Florante even though I am not good in singing! (See how desperate I am?! ) Their love for the country and yearning for freedom not only from the clutches of Marcos at that time but from ourselves too is the reason why their music is so damn good! How I wish that there will be a new generation of Asin and Florante that will raise the morale of our national identity, our Filipinology! Revive our Filipino identity, revive the Asin and Florante in our generation!

0 comments: